Thursday, September 23, 2010

Basic Food Groups

I'm watching 'Lost in Translation.' It's great because I left to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and I'm confident that I didn't miss anything. Recently, I noticed that the fast food restaurant on campus offers free jelly packets for their breakfast meals. Usually I buy a small container of peanut butter and sliced bread to make ham and cheese sandwiches so it was only a matter of time. I honestly believe peanut butter and jelly sandwiches has been the best invention since sliced bread, it's like the next evolutionary step in lunches. Actually, I believe bottled water is the best invention since sliced bread. It's such a weird cultural phenomenon.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are so much better than peanut butter sandwiches. My university used to sell peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a dollar, and I used to think they were the best deals on campus. It was a great until other people started buying them, and they would sell out before noon. It was a weird balance between over sleeping and starving over cheap meals. College.

I tried a ramen noodle diet for several weeks, but I felt lethargic and light headed on a regular bases. That's when I realized a meal that cost less than a gumball probably wasn't a great idea.

You have to starve for your art sometimes, especially if you're a double science major with a minor in science.

If you prefer to eat, consider taking Plant Economics in college. At my university, we've tried everything that's edible and pertains to plant, except alcohol. You have to wait until after class to consume alcohol. We've tried several different nuts and peas and juices. We made bread yesterday, and if the lab wasn't so long and I didn't spend a couple hours in lectures and inoculating bacteria in clinical microbiology, it might have been a fun experience. At least our loaves turned out good.

I don't have a witty way to end this post, but I think I'll have a sugar-free fruit cup for desert.

**I tried to draw a food pyramid, but I failed miserable. You should thank me for sticking to dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment