Sunday, March 21, 2010

‘Life of Pi’ by Yann Martel

I highly recommend ‘Life of Pi’ by Yann Martel, but I read the end of it on a five hour train ride from Fort Worth to San Marcos, Texas, and the people next to me started being loud so I skimmed through the last few pages so I could find another seat. I've recently reread the last ten pages, and they're fairly graphic.

Still, the book maintained colorful animals and a charming sense of humor for two hundred pages that were sophisticated enough for adults and stimulating enough for preteens and young teenagers... until the end. Don't say I didn't warn you, I had nightmares.

Also, the beginning of the book shifted from regular font to italicized font; the regular font takes place in the past, which is in first person, and the italicized font is the present, which is in third person. It sounds complicated, it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment